Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Review: Benefit High Beam

 Benefit High Beam..my thoughts

Hello dolls! Hope everyone had a fabulous week! In my May favorites I mentioned Benefit's High Beam which has become my new HG liquid highlighter. Miss K asked to see how I use it, so I thought I'd do a review and let you guys know what I think about it, so this post is for you girl and anyone else who hasn't discovered this baby!

Sephora describes it:
What it is: 
A luminescent complexion enhancer

What it does:
High Beam is an ethereal pink liquid highlighter that creates a radiantly dewy complexion. For an angelic sheen, this pink shimmering lotion adds a soft, natural afterglow.
[source:www.sephora.com]


 

It's very easy to apply, I first put on my foundation and blush, bronzer then I take my high beam and dab 3 small dots on each cheek, 1 dot down the center of my nose, cupids bow, and chin. I then take a Mac 188 brush and blend it in swirling motions until it's well blended out. 


 
Voila! Perfect dewy glow

What I love most about this highlighter is that it's not glittery, and doesn't bring out your pores or make you look greasy (I have oily skin).
I got my High Beam when Sephora had the bundle for $35 which included the High Beam, Hoola bronzer, Gilded pencil and Bad Gal Mascara, awesome steal if you ask me! Otherwise High Beam alone sells for a whopping $24 for 0.45oz! It's still cheaper than Mac but a little on the expensive side for the amount you get, but hopefully it will last me a while. 
Some people don't like the nail polish look it has but I don't mind it, I think it's different, and I like different. I will def continue to purchase this baby, hopefully Sephora will have another bundle deal soon;) 

Who else loves High Beam?? Let me know how you apply it and if you love or hate it in the comments!

Have a great weekend loves!

xoxo,


3 comments:

  1. This is pretty. I've never tried it before, but it looks nice on you.

    http://makeupbykim-porter.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much doll! I so very much appreciate it! I didn't want to put out the $$ if it wasn't worth it, but I love how it looks on your cheeks! I'm going to wait until they have a bundle or I can get a discount on it, and then I will definitely be adding this to my make-up collection. Thanks again, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim-Thanks I would recommend this to every girl out there, it's really great I'm sure you'd love it!

    Miss K-Your very welcome!! It is well worth the $$ so I'm also hoping they'll have another bundle again soon! Let me know how it works out for you! Have a great weekend as well:)!!

    ReplyDelete